Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Of Course!

This isn't a story about how my car is a write off, a funny tale about how much I'd love to hurt the crack head who caused me this grief, or a chronicle of how I overcame this...unfortunate incident. Contrary to what I usually write, this post will be about something I noticed today.

Of course, these two words, when used in conjunction, have got to be one of the best phrases in the english language. Aesthetically they're not wooing anyone, phonetically, again, nothing too dreamy, but be patient. When you ask someone a question and they respond not with the boring generic "yes", "no", or "I don't really have time for this because I'm in law school", but instead with "of course", by god it sounds good. It's validating, empowering, and it makes you feel good. Honestly, I'm informing you of a master manipulator. THIS IS A TOOL!

Try it, go on now. Today, in some interaction, say "Of course" with conviction and passion--like you really mean it--and see what happens. Your response needs to radiate a sense of "Oh my God, how could you have thought differently?".

Look, I'm not saying it'll turn you into a fucking magician, I'm just saying that it might release some endorphins or something...

Go on now. Do it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'll use it. Of course!

That sucks about your car.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend: "Why do you look so pissed off?"

Me: "Because I just lost fifty dollars."

Friend: "What?? How did that happen?"

Me: "It fell out of my pocket."

Friend: "Maybe you should have put that fifty dollars in a wallet."

Me: "Of course. That's exactly
what I should have done. Thank you for this incredibly helpful epiphany."

Note the use of 'of course.'

And the loss of $50.

Nat is not a happy camper right now.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes Nat feel any better, she doesn't have to buy me a Christmas present. That'll help her finances.
bullamoocow

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What that last comment too off topic?
bullamoocow

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a limit on the number of comments we can post?
bullamoocow

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I just realized you will think you've had a lot of IMPORTANT comments posted to your blog, and get really excited! ha ha
bullamoocow

7:20 AM  
Blogger Vivalacrap said...

hey i say that like all the time. almost as much as i say like.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Krista... said...

Hey Carmen,
Hope you had an awesome Christmas! Best Wishes!!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course I hope you have a happy new years

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caaaaaaaaarmen.

Where are youuuuuuu??

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home