Friday, December 01, 2006

Last Day Of School

When my alarm clock rang this morning--set to radio like it always is--I was very confused. The voice just said "600 AM" but the red numbers seemed to show that it was 800 o'clock. So if I were to "do the math", either I was supposed to sleep another 200 hours, or school had finally rendered me insane.

I find it slightly sad, that as I sat up right then, not knowing which one hundred o'clock it was, that I actually had to do a little self talk.

"Nothing's wrong, everyone you love is just fine, you are ok, the pain you're experiencing is something called E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-O-N."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

played it cool, well done.

once it happened to me, i looked at the clock, panicked, jumped to my feet, began to scramble for some clothes, then realized it was hopeless, and went back to sleep. (missed exam)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might have been fun to allow panic to take over for a little bit -- what if you woke up and it was NEXT YEAR!! And no one told you!

That would be weird.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Smelly Danielly said...

i hate that feeling...not knowing exactly what time it is...friggin school making us all crazy

2:26 PM  
Blogger MB said...

I like when you wake up at night after a nap and it says 800 and you freak out because you think you slept all night and you look outside your window and of course it will be dark and you can't figure out where the little dot is on your alarm - am or pm? - not fun at all...I changed my cell clock to 24 hour time...decrease the unnecessary panic attacks

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home