Monday, September 11, 2006

Just Like A Caveman

Some people smoke crack rocks in the back alley behind their shoddy apartment complex on the eastside, and some people eat a whole bag of double filling oreos each night because everyone's addicted to something. There is also this small group of vile assholes who see it fit to be "addicted to life" which is utterly dispicable but completely beyond my control. Quite honestly I respect the meth heads a lot more than the Ned Flanders because atleast their addiction is both potent and predictable. No hobo is really gonna say "Hey wait, that meth high sucked compared to my card board box!". Life on the other hand, pfft, I make empty suicide threats everyday! I usually follow it up with a "Don't worry moooom, I'm joking. You'd get too stressed out if I did that and I know how intense work has been for you lately."

For me, the cute little addiction I have no problem fostering is coffee. Caffeine mmmm, and my dealer is always hanging around at the local superstore, 7-11, or kitchen cupboard. He's a flexible little bastard.

I find it modestly amusing that early mornings and addictions can reduce me to a non-pronoun using degenerate. When that coffee hits my tired tastebuds, my brain just spits out a quick uncensored response; neanderthal style.

"Mmmm, so good."

4 Comments:

Blogger Krista... said...

sounds like my boyfriend. if he doesn't get coffee he shakes and gets headaches. addiction is bad. so bad.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank the goats for coffee

11:03 PM  
Blogger Ophelia Mourne said...

ugh, Ive tried breaking the coffee addiction, I just keep coming back. I totally blame it on Tim Hortons. I only drank coffee occasionally before I met Tim's Caffinecrack. I swear on my grandmother they put something in it aside from the sugery/cream goodness. Why is it there are always lines out the door? hMm.

Also it was nice meeting you at the blogger party. Sorry for the mini ramble I spouted off about being in your twenties. I still live by enjoying it as much as possible, because its the best part of life, as long as your not tied down. :o)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have not had coffee since i broke the pot in a rage but got one for our wedding but it never came in. (third page in after all the stupid wedding shit) im sick and can't drink for real right now or i'd be dying. tomorrow im getting a new pot and the other one will have to be returned if and when it ever arrives, i can not wait for it anymore.
the opening to this post was really great.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home