Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back To The Playground We Go

Alright Krista, you tagged me. Now I have to write a post with 8 facts/habits/things about me, and apparently someone is going to appreciate my list. I'm sorry but I'll have to play this game of tag like that annoying anal kid at school who refuses to follow the rules. I will abide to the 8 things about myself, but I'm not gonna tag anyone else because I still want people to like me enough to give me their pudding at recess. Here it goes, 8 things you may or may not know about me, and you better enjoy this Krista...

1. I'm a real hypochondriac. Yes it can be funny, sometimes it gets me out of tight situations, but mostly it sucks. I plan on going to therapy so that I can be slightly normal, but mostly so that I can say trendy pretentious statements that go something along the lines of "...and so my therapist said that..." People will envy how crazy I am.

2. I want to be a writer. I hate feeling naive, and a lot of the time I do, but it seems to be the one constant aspiration in my life.

3. I will never work in an Italian deli again. When I leave the pasta, the olives, and the god damned cured ham in my dust, I hope to never reacquaint myself with it in the future. The other day at work, as I was scrubbing the boss's microwave that I've never used, I had a decrepit epiphany. Through my vile haze of angst I assumed a bit of responsibility for my unhappiness. I'm gonna have to be more ambitious if I want to enjoy my time, and this scares the shit out of me.

4. I'm looking forward to going back to school for the first time in my life. I actually appreciate the opportunity, and feel certain that the time and the place are right for me. I accept that university won't prepare me for a career, but the basic experience of going is important to me and I will finish this degree if only for that.

5. I will never try to save my life by getting an emo boy hair cut again. I felt like maybe it would be a cathartic and symbolic experience; turns out it just depressed me.

6. I hate dill, it's an odious herb.

7. My neighbours think I'm a drug dealer. Rather than try to clean up the rumours I just let them go on thinking that I'm a horrible human being that snorts rails off the hood of my car at the 3 in the morning with my friends. I have no idea why this is the neighbourhood opinion of me, but oh well, I'm faux hard core.

8. I can lick my elbow. And yes Shaun, that's admirable whether you want to acknowledge it or not. My sister called Guinness Book of World Records once to inform them of my impossible skill and they told her they get about ten identical calls a day. I still maintain that I'm special.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet your neighbors saw that 60 Minutes thing about the preponderance of drug dealers with emo boy hair styles. I'm sure they were just extrapolating.

Nothing naive about being a writer. I'm one and I make a good living that way. The only rule is -- never stop writing.

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre special alright, theres no doubt about that, maybe you can get into the book of records for being special

6:59 AM  
Blogger PatZ said...

lick both elbows at the same time and youre in for sure.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Krista... said...

hypochondriacte. cool. i remember when i was twelve i was convinced i had breast cancer in my left breast. eventually i got over that fear.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my younger bro can lick his elbow..


'now make a wish and forward this email to 10 of your friends or it wont come true'
--or some shit like that.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In regards to number 3, I am in that smae spot as well.
Baaaaabeee! Let's quit together (GETHER)

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmen....I can't find your talize comment. :(

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home