Monday, March 27, 2006

Nintendo







One of the things I love about blogging is the photography. I was reading Shane's blog when he posted some pictures of the old nintendo controller, and made some comment about taking pictures of the controller around the world. I didn't get too much further than my house but, whatever, my house is in the world too.

I like the idea of the whole nintendo controller thing because it brings back a lot of memories. Memories of my brother easily beating all the levels that made me want to rage with anger and frustration. Memories of my MOM beating those same levels, rendering me the most useless kid. Just memories in general, and I like that. Maybe with this little collection, I'll prompt a global following and soon nes controllers will sell for $800 on eBay. Or maybe the three people that read my blog will wonder why I take pictures that, as my sister puts it, "are so university I'm-finding-myself arts studentish".

On now global following, COMMENCE!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gota hand it to you vicente, those are some pretty cool photos...

i think my nes is still hangin aroudn somehwere in this house... those were the days, id play til the skin would peel off my thumb.. especially cuz of this one TMNT game, to do the special move you'd have to press B,A but really quickly, and since the buttons , while round, have somewhat sharp edges, so the constant dragging of the thumb over the 2 buttons eventually caused bodily harm. my thumb would kill for days.. but it was worth it.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sisters quote is funny, but the pictures are cool, so keep on finding yourself. And if you do, close your eyes and give them (you) another few minutes to hide.

12:37 AM  
Blogger dbuc said...

i like the pics too...i guess one day, when i'm forty, my nintendo will come out again, and be revered as a pioneer, etc, etc, etc...i'd love to have a game of duck hunt right now.

6:17 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

when i was a babysitter, my three-year-old charge used to beat the crap out of me at super mario brothers. the shame!

8:02 AM  
Blogger lowercasecarmen said...

mihirig, I usually gave up before the skin peeling stage, I probably had to go play "Lost in the forest" with my sister.

a. I'll never stop finding myself...I'll close my eyes every chance I get and let you be my guide.

dbuc, Don't you ever throw it away! Maybe I'll have to take another montage of normal nintendo GUN controller pics. That red piece of technology was groundbreaking and smokin'.

carrie, We've all felt the shame of nintendo inadequacy, you're never alone.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Krista... said...

i remember those days...ahh reminiscing. what was that game called where you played baseball and all the players beepbeepbeeped around the field?

1:01 PM  
Blogger youshouldntdothat said...

this is wicked

my favourite is the one with the view of the cord and a wierd depth of field thing going on

makes me almost regret slicing the cord off of mine (for ultimate mobility)

7:16 PM  
Blogger lowercasecarmen said...

krista, unfortunately I didn't venture as far as nintendo baseball, a decision I now regret. Maybe I could go raid value village?

shane, I'm glad you like it. Nintendo and I go way back. I fear now that the resale value of your controller may be something closer to $8. Alas, not all of us are in it for the money

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home