Thursday, March 09, 2006

Me, Myself, and I

Sometimes I feel really guilty about how irresponsible I am. I forget important things A LOT, my room looks like a family of rabid hyenas passed through it, I drink bubble tea for dinner, etc. It's not so much that I think these things are so bad, it's just that I feel I should be doing some things that are good for me as well. Recently I made two improvements on the path to adulthood/ not acting 8 years old for the rest of my life. I started flossing, and I try to go on jogs a couple times a week. I didn't start the former until I got my first cavity a couple weeks ago, simultaneously realizing that my young dental luck had run out. Yes, I'm disgusting, I'm aware. The latter is something I've started for a plethera of reasons, one of which is just to get a little healthier and stronger. I probably won't last a month.

Right now, in these early stages of excercising, it is so difficult to complete each run. I sometimes contemplate asking one of the walker-byers-with-their-dog to give me a piggy-back to my house, but I usually figure that they'll think I'm a little creepy. So today, before I went on the run, I made myself a sandwich because I knew that afterwards I'd probably only have enough energy to throw myself down at my front door and pant for a couple hours. Anyways, I was SO extatic when I got home and my lunch was already made. My thoughts went something like this:

me: Holy shit! You are so awesome Carmen.
Carmen (also myself): Yeah, I know, thanks for the compliment.
me: Anytime! Did you put avocado in this sandwich?
Carmen: Mmm hmm, nice touch eh?
me: (panting a little bit still) My god yes!! I'm really glad that you have this intuition when it comes to my preferences.
Carmen: I try, I like pleasing you, it somehow always makes me feel good as well.
me: I guess it's that "it's better to give than receive" thing.
Carmen: Probs.

Then I ate that sandwich like a mofo and hoped that Carmen did my homework too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee, that end peice was funny.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home