Friday, July 07, 2006

Bad Timing


Today on the bus a little boy with winding curls looked up at me and pointed. He pointed at the window, his dad, his mom, and then at me; so I pointed back at him. He smiled because I played his game, and then we played peekaboo and counting to ten. The peekaboo made him laugh, it made the lady beside me laugh. His sister asked my name, "Carmen" I said, "Carmen" she repeated, and let it sink in. The boy screamed for apple juice, and then he blew me kisses. "Thank you!" I said, "Am I your girlfriend now?" He smiled again and nodded vigorously, then blew me a couple more in confirmation. His dad took a picture of me and said that he wanted to remember his sons first girlfriend. It would be a short relationship I thought to myself, and then I got off at my stop.

I told this to Al when I got home and he laughed at all the right parts, making me feel good. His smile transformed into confusion, and then to slight anger.

"You cheated on me on our anniversary?"

"Sorry."

9 Comments:

Blogger PatZ said...

cradle robber!!! lol

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, if you had started talking to yourself and laughing randomly, you could have been that kid's first crazy person on public transit too.

5:58 AM  
Blogger foXXy said...

is that the cart???

12:18 PM  
Blogger lowercasecarmen said...

patz - Yeah, i like em young

screetus - I'm sure the other crazies got to him first, there's just too many of them.

foxxy - No no, that's not THE cart. Ours is much hotter.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your cart might be jealous for posting pictures of another cart

9:06 AM  
Blogger bythedrift said...

It is. I saw it laying right infront of a house a couple blocks over today... Slut.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....I love messing with kids on buses. It's just fun. But that was cute I must admit.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Krista... said...

too cute.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home