Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Emo Shall Inherit the Earth

I've always had a masochistic birthday wish that on my special day of birth, everyone would wake up and completely neglect to remember about me. I never thought of what exactly I'd do if it did happen, but with each new year comes a fresh chance to have my wish granted. Last night I got a call that basically informed me that this year, my wish would not come true. Today is my birthday and I celebrated by spilling my morning coffee on my hand. However, the emo in the title wasn't refering to myself and how I cried hollow tears that filled the void in my empty heart when the coffee burned what was left of my fragile soul.

On the drive to school this morning, the driver and I had a little contest for who could talk about the snow on the mountains in the most emo way possible. He deffinately was taking the lead at first, but I pulled through in the end with something about melting...

Tonight I had a nice dinner with the parents and the sister when the topic of emo came up. My dad, a man who only concerns himself with the true philosophical questions in life, uttered the word "emo". Thus an emo conversation was born with much laughing and bewilderment on the part of my sister and I, and a claim from my mom that she knew what emo was even before we told her. Riiiight. After some time, my sister stepped up and did what neither of us wanted to do. She took one for the team and played a little "All American Rejects" for my parents; I believe there was something about crying on the phone and being alone...I'd have to say the highlight of my remembered birthday was when my dad actually danced to the emo music, which in itself was an amazing present. My mom even finished off "Happy Birthday" with an emo verse, but I didn't catch it all because the sound of my shattering heart was too deafening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is jacob and im really into emo. So i dont really appreciate you bashing us with your horribly satanic storys. Why don't you just go worship satan, because thats all you metal heads do... You satan worship, and it makes me sick to my stomach, and then i scream, ohhh god why are you so sick my soul is like knives of fire baby, yeaaaah!

so you know what i mean.

take a little time out of your day to do somthing really emo, it worked for jesus, so it can work for a satan worshiper too.

God bless... Emo.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home